Firefox: Font packages for MathML

Frédéric WANG fred.wang at free.fr
Sun Jul 8 09:25:46 UTC 2012

Dear Fedora developers,

I'm one of the main developer of the Mozilla MathML Project. As
explained here

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Mozilla_MathML_Project/Fonts
http://www.maths-informatique-jeux.com/blog/frederic/?post/2012/04/21/Mozilla-MathML-Project%3A-about-mathematical-fonts

mathematical fonts are important for a good MathML rendering. The fonts
currently usable by the MathML rendering engine are

- STIX fonts (since Firefox 3.6)
- Asana Math font (since at least Firefox 7.0)
- MathJax fonts (since at least Firefox 13.0)

I just looked quickly at

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/builds/show/F-devel-x86_64/firefox/0/13.0.1/1.fc18/x86_64?_csrf_token=e00b4166c50d1d3538fe7ba05614f56acd42c86b

and was not able to find any font dependencies. I also found

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/mathml-fonts?_csrf_token=e00b4166c50d1d3538fe7ba05614f56acd42c86b

but this package seems to contain old MathML fonts (used before Firefox
3.6). I would be grateful if you could update the Firefox dependencies
with the fonts mentioned above.

Thanks,

--
Frédéric Wang
maths-informatique-jeux.com/blog/frederic