Adding some IPA characters

Kelvin Song kelvinsong10 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 02:22:02 UTC 2013

Hi, I've added a bunch of IPA letters to the Liberation Serif font.
Here's a picture of them:
[image: Inline image 1]
IPA letters are more than just mirror versions of regular latin letters, so
I tried to make them "real", following the serif rules, etc. For example
the /ɹ/ letter has only one serif on top, and the crossbar on /ə/ is at the
same height as the one on /e/.  I've only done the Regular weight, but if
you're interested I can do italic, bold, etc.

The TTF and SFD source are attached. It's very rough—the letter outlines
aren't fused (to make editing easier), and there might be some
clockwise/counterclockwise errors. The letters displayed fine in Inkscape
though.

—Love, Kelvin.