Handoff of my FUDCon stuff for the next 2 weeks

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Mon Nov 2 17:35:17 UTC 2009

...to Max, since I am headed to Singapore for
http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE_APAC this week and he's
kindly offered to pick up on things while Paul (Australia) and I (Asia)
are both out of the continent. A massively continuous special thanks to
Chris Tyler, who's offered to drive next week's meeting in our absence.

Max, I've got 4 things on my plate, and they're all based on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:FUDCon_Toronto_2009_budget and the
spreadsheet linked therein,
http://mchua.fedorapeople.org/fudcon/fudcon-expenses.ods.

1. Make sure everyone's got travel.

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fudcon-planning/2009-October/000226.html

 From that email + updates since, these are the folks who need their
travel booked, I've forwarded you the info I have for the folks on this
list who've since indicated their booking preferences, which is almost
but not quite everyone on the list below.
Ben Boeckel
David Nalley
Xavier Lamien
Jon Stanley
Brennan Ashton
Benjamin Kreuter

2. Make sure everyone's got rooms

Paul kicked this off on
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fudcon-planning/2009-October/000223.html,
I think we're pretty much settled but am putting it here as something we
should status-check on Thursday. One note is that the J5/lmacken rooming
is going to change since Luke wants to room with his friend Remy and J5
is looking for a roommate as I type this; he's going to edit
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:FUDCon_Toronto_2009_logistics#Room_sharing
to reflect what he works out.

3. Make sure everyone's got money

I'll forward you all the "I booked it myself and here's the
reimbursement I need" stuff sitting in my inbox in just a moment. All of
my FUDCon reimbursements to date ("Mel paid for X") should be in an
expense report to you today.

4. Make sure the accounting all checks out

http://mchua.fedorapeople.org/fudcon/fudcon-expenses.ods

The idea is to balance the CommArch and Fedora Engineering budgets by
dividing the hotel bill however we need to.

In other news, we have a second FUDBus monitor. For those of you who
remember the jetpack-enhanced antics of this summer's CommArch
interns... although neither of us has that status any longer, we've
still got the jetpacks, and there will still be the antics - Ian Weller
and I will be keeping the bus both fun and functional (I figure I'll let
him handle the "fun" and I'll take the "ctional.")

Let me know if I missed anything, I think that's it... I'll be at this
Thursday's meeting to make sure we're all good before I hop my plane
overseas the following day. #fudcon-planning, 4pm EST. Yee-haw.

(Thanks, Max!)

--Mel