Crash space

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 18:14:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 04:21:34PM -0000, Howard Johnson wrote:
> > On 11/24/2009 10:51 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> >> OK, I'm starting to get a little concerned about one remaining issue
> >> -- crash space for people coming in to Boston a day early to catch the
> >> FUDBus.  I've made several attempts to stir up crash space in the
> >> Westford office, since we have many people living in and around metro
> >> Boston who I hoped would offer space.  However, I have no takers at
> >> this point and need additional help making noise about it.  I started
> >> here:
> >>
> >> http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=2892
> >>
> >> I'm hoping this reaches out to the wider group of people not employed
> >> by Red Hat in the Boston area, but interested in supporting Fedora
> >> somehow, even if it's with just a night or two of couch space.
> >>
> >> Any other ideas how we could take action to stir up some space
> >> donations?
> >
> > How many people are we talking about?
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:FUDCon_Toronto_2009_logistics#People_riding_the_bus
> lists three people specifically asking for crash space (including me).
> There are a couple of other folks on there who state they're flying in
> from elsewhere, but don't specifically say they're wanting somewhere to
> crash.

I'd assume those people *do* need crash space.  I think the total is
then seven each night:

Jesse Keating
Christopher Aillon
Jon Stanley (Thursday only)
Toshio Kuratomi
Sebastian Dziallas (Tuesday only?)
Howard Johnson
Stephen Smoogen
Adam Miller

I don't see anyone noted on the main pre-registration table with
"needs crash space" or the like.

> Personally speaking, I've not booked my flights yet (yeah, I'm running a
> bit late), so I can easily fly straight to Toronto, and skip the FUDBus
> Experience ;)

You live life on the edge! ;-) It's really up to you, since AFAIK
we're not paying your airfare, but those costs do fluctuate wildly as
we get closer.  Sometimes it works in your favor if you find a deal,
though... are you the gambling type?