User track, and Toronto Red Hat talks

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 23:06:13 UTC 2009

Track notes:

Steven Parrish agreed to update the wiki to make sure that teacher
names were listed next to each session in the pre-set tracks.  That
way we can ping them to ensure that they link now-ish to information
about what they'll cover.  I would like to avoid improvisation or
slides made up the night before, and that seems fully in keeping with
our expectations for funding people's travel to FUDCon.

* * *

We need to think about setting aside time for our friends in Toronto
at Red Hat, who so rarely get to present at a FUDCon because of the
travel requirement.  I'd like Andrew Overholt to help us pick 3-4
talks that we can establish in this set-aside, to ensure that there's
a good sampling of the cool work being done there.  I'd like to
guarantee each one a spot at the BarCamp.  They need not be put in a
specific room or time slot until we make the schedule for the rest of
the BarCamp.

Andrew, please make sure that the presenters are there Saturday
morning to pitch their talks (or have a proxy), and tell them to make
sure their pitches are winning ones!