FUDCon room booking discrepancies

Mel Chua mchua at fedoraproject.org
Thu Nov 26 03:43:28 UTC 2009

While going through the various hotel-booking lists tonight to make sure
they were all synced up, I found a few differences I'd like to clear up
ASAP.

First, the good news.

The F-Eng-funded rooms are all set, and the predicted total is $2k as
consistently estimated:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:FUDCon_Toronto_2009_logistics#From_the_Fedora_Engineering_budget

Most of the CommArch-funded rooms are set, too, but a few are not:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:FUDCon_Toronto_2009_logistics#From_the_Community_Architecture_budget

The CommArch total was previously estimated at $3.2k, and the final
total will be around $3.1-$3.8k depending on how the discrepancies work out.

The discrepancies are below. Two I've already cleared up.

* Ian Weller is riding the FUDBus, so his room with Bert Desmet was
booked for 4 days, and is now also listed as such. (But funding
questions on this room remain, see below.)

* Paul is now Clint's roommate, since David can't make it.

The discrepancies I need help clearing up:

* The budget spreadsheet says Ian's room is paid for by CommArch, but
we're not listed as covering lodging for Bert as well (I can only find
records of us agreeing to fund his plane ticket). Ian needs the room for
4 nights, Bert for 3; what should the funding situation be here?

* Rex Dieter and Aaron Seigo are listed as needing a 3 night reservation
(and being funded for a 3-night reservation) but the note on the wiki
page says they were booked for 4. Can we confirm they only need 3
nights? If they were booked for one night more than they need, we might
be able to easily solve the problem of Smooge being booked for one night
less than he needs...)

* What is the lodging/funding situation for Peter Robinson, Sebastian
Dziallas, Jon Stanley, and Matthew Daniels? The budget spreadsheet lists
us as sponsoring lodging for Sebastian, Jon, and Matthew for 3 nights
each, I've seen a wiki list that says Sebastian/Peter for 3 nights (with
Peter paying for his half) and Jon/Matthew for 4, and I've seen another
wiki list saying Peter/Jon for 4 with no note on funding (and no mention
of Sebastian and Matthew on that list). I'm not sure which one is
correct, but I want to make sure all 4 people have a room on the nights
they need one, and don't pay for that room if they're not supposed to,
so I just need to know what the arrangement here should be.

Next I'll be crunching the accounting again to see how much room we have
left in our budget, in case that helps figure out which way we need to
go on any of these things.

My current numbers show we have $1096.27 of wiggle room, but this
doesn't take into account the final bill for t-shirts and Saturday lunch
(both of which I have and will input shortly) or any lodging
discrepancies (also remembering that $50/person/night is an
*approximate* quote, not the final hotel bill! Argh!)

Help resolving the lodging questions would be muchly appreciated; I'll
try to chase down what I can after the spreadsheet is updated.

But first, I'm going debone a turkey.

--Mel Chua, Neurotic FUDCon Accountant