Want to hold a panel session

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 17:54:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 01:19:28PM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to hold a panel session at the Toronto FUDCon.  The session
> would be:
>
> """
> Developers and sys admins: How to working together
>
> Unlike most IT shops, Fedora Infrastructure has as many programmers as
> system administrators.  Find out what the differences are in each sides'
> needs.  Learn how we work together even when we have conflicting needs.
>  Prod us with your burning questions and watch us squirm to figure out
> better ways to deal with our conflicts in the future.
> """
>
> I've started talking to people and I should have no trouble getting
> enough interested panelists but there are some logistics questions that
> I realized I should raise.
>
> * Can we have multiple microphones for this?  We would need several mics
> for the panelists and at least one that the moderator can move around
> the room with as he takes questions.

Chris Tyler probably knows the most about what A/V support we'll have
available, so I'll defer to him for this one.

> * Can we have a place on the pre-set schedule?  I'd hate to get the
> panelists excited and prepared to do this and then not be able to once
> we get to FudCon.

Absolutely.  List it on the wiki page for now, and I'll mark it
appropriately.  My leaning is toward reserving the small auditorium
for the day for pre-set talks and panels (with possibly one additional
room if we pre-set that many).

> * Any other equipment or logistics needs I haven't thought of?

We have a computer projector in each room already.  I can't think of
anything you'd need beyond mic-ing, but that's probably a failing on
my part rather than a sign that it's all under control. ;-)