FUDCon Sunday Lunch

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 20:40:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 07:29:01AM -0400, Chris Tyler wrote:

> Ok, looks like the lunch decision just got a tiny bit harder.
>
> Apparently in-building food is not available on Sunday -- they've been
> staying closed on the weekend due to lack of demand. They're willing to
> open for a group our size, but I doubt they'll run their full selection.
> Monday is no problem.
>
> This means that the nearest food on Sunday is in a foodcourt a short
> walk away -- not as convenient (and more disruptive to hacking) than if
> the food was available in the same building.
>
> Maybe we should plan a cheap lunch on the Sunday and let people do their
> own on Monday? Looks like we could do 2 slices of pizza and a pop for
> under $4/head (
> http://www.pizzapizza.ca/PPLWeb/CommandServlet?command=screenscmd&screenID=catb_order ).

Given our other constraints, and the lack of certainty of a FUDPub
sponsor at this point, I think our most prudent move is to simply not
spring for lunch on Sunday or Monday.  We can still do something
cooperative like take lunch orders with cash from one or two nearby
places, as opposed to setting people loose to wander and lower
momentum at the event.