Bus update

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 13:42:26 UTC 2009

I talked to Bruce Barrows this morning at Local Motion of Boston.  We
have a bus reserved, and he is preparing the formal quote and expects
to get it to me by tomorrow (2009-10-16).

The bus is a 36-seat coach, with a restroom on the bus (yay!).  Bruce
expects right now that the retrofit they are doing to add power (yay!)
and wifi (YAY!) will be completed by mid-November.

Although the bus is lightly used -- 200K miles, which is considered
"cherry" in travel terms -- this will be its maiden voyage for LM.  In
addition to the retrofitting, Bruce advised that the bus will have
gone through a very thorough mechanical inspection in his shop when it
hits the road, and we should expect a very pleasant journey. :-)