Dave & Busters

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 21:52:26 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 10:21:31AM -0400, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> On 09/08/2009 09:46 AM, Chris Tyler wrote:
> > Ok, time to firm up the D&B plans. We want the pool space, plus the
> > buffet with some stronger veggie options, and no Power Cards.
> > What do we want to do with drinks? Options are:
> > - Unlimited non-alcoholic (tea, coffee, soda).
> > - One drink ticket per person, valid for alcohol or a non-alcoholic
> > drink.
> > - Unlimited non-alcoholic plus a drink ticket.
> >
> > The first one is the most affordable ($2.49 each), the second one will
> > vary according to what people drink ($2-$7), and the third option costs
> > the most ($2.49-$9.69).
>
> FWIW, I seem to recall that D&B charges per soda, not a flat fee like
> most restaurants do, so that should be taken into consideration.

ISTR the same thing, but I believe the contract we're contemplating
with them gives us unlimited for a flat fee per person.

My personal vote is to go with option #1 for now.  If we want to amend
the contract later by buying a specific number of alcobev tickets,
based on how our budget numbers look 30-60 days from now, I'm pretty
sure the D&B people will be amenable.  (Most venues tend to be.)

Based on the fact that Chris is worried about *limiting* the publicity
lest we get overrun, I'd rather leave us some wiggle room in the
numbers for later.