Events FAD sponsorship: request yours now!

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Sun Jan 10 18:12:53 UTC 2010

Hi, folks - you're the ones who have expressed interest in attending the
Events FAD in person (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events_FAD_2010).
Ccing the fudcon-planning list for transparency-fu - if you're planning
on attending or remotely participating in the Events FAD, you should be
on this list, as that's where all conversations about it will be
happening in the future.

The date is drawing near, so I'm trying to get budget and plane tickets
figured out ASAP. There are no guarantees we'll be able to cover
everyone's travel (priority is based on who can cover the roles we
need), but we will do the best we can.

We approve budget during meetings; an example meeting log can be found
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fudcon-planning/2010-01-09/fudcon-planning.2010-01-09-06.59.html.
If you want to request travel sponsorship, I need two things:

1. Put an appropriate estimate in
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events_FAD_2010#Budget; price checks on
sites like http://kayak.com are usually pretty accurate for flights[0],
and estimate $30/night for hotel.

2. Send a few sentences to this list (replying to this thread is fine)
on what you'll be contributing to the FAD by attending - what role will
you play, what specific things will you be accomplishing? There are some
examples linked from the "Status" column in
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events_FAD_2010#Travel if you're new to
Fedora events.

We'll be having meetings twice a week until the FAD, since it's at the
end of the month. See
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events_FAD_2010#Meetings for more
information. Meeting minutes will be sent to this list; you should read
them if you're planning on participating in the FAD.

That's all - any questions, please send them to the fudcon-planning list
and we'll handle them there.

Thanks, and hope to see many of you at the FAD in a few weeks!

--Mel

[0] The way flight reimbursement works: when you get approved, you give
me your full name, home airport, earliest acceptable departure time,
latest acceptable return time, and any seating/food/airline preferences,
and I'll book it for you so we don't even have to worry about
reimbursement. Some airlines will also ask for things like birthdate;
we'll work that out together while booking your flight.