Events FAD engineering-project (Goal 3) update

Andrew Ross fosslc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 15:18:54 UTC 2010

Hi Paul, everyone

Yes, if we can sub in gstreamer, and it looks promising, we can avoid the
rpmfusion packages like ffmpeg, mencoder, etc.

Regarding the flights... that option was cheaper but had 4 hops and arrived
much later. If later worked, Air Canada has a 2 hop for just slightly more.
This would be less prone to delays.

There may not be a burning need for us to be there in person. We could also
send just one of us - Thanh - if that helps the budget.

Andrew

On Jan 15, 2010 9:01 AM, "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:44:04AM -0500, Mel Chua wrote:
[...snip...]

> EXCEPT. Those of you who looked at the github list may catch the word >
'rpmfusion' in the README...
Read the log, looks like super progress thus far!  Although some
people consider Gstreamer difficult for use in applications like
non-linear editing, it's generally cut out well for
streaming/recording.  Great teamwork last night on this, all.

> In other news, we now have $874.30 remaining for travel funds, so if you >
need plane tickets or...
So... what was the deal with the really high travel costs?  I think
Andrew quoted something like $2100, but when I did a plane fare search
on kayak.com I was able to easily find ~$455 non-stop, round trip
tickets YOW->RDU.