Announcement imminent - Lodging

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 19:42:27 UTC 2010

2010/7/27 María Leandro <tatica at fedoraproject.org>:
> Hello!
> is there no possibility to get a hotel that is affordable, not so close to
> the event, and hire a shuttle service group?
>
> I remember that this was done in Brazil, and we've done a lot in Venezuela
> and the end, bill comes cheaper.

If we were to rent school buses to shuttle people back and forth from
another location, we'd need at least 3 school buses, which (from what
I have found out thus far) run between $350 and $450 / day for rental.
 Unless we really stay someplace far away from anything, hotels will
still be running us $79-$99 a night - and then we run into the
problems of (1) most non-tourist area hotels do not provide
transportation from the airport, which winds up being a $20-30 taxi
fare each way; (2) we will again run into the problem of "we're not
near anything to do / anyplace to eat."

> Likewise there is no apartment-style rooms? maybe more than 5 people?

There are not really prevalent in the area; you can generally find
apartment-style, but they still are going to be 1 king or two
queen/double beds, and the pricing winds up being close to what we're
looking at.