calling for backup

Steven M. Parrish smparrish at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 12:07:27 UTC 2010

On Friday 26 March 2010 05:57:34 pm Max Spevack wrote:
> Today seems like a good day to write this blog post.  Interested to hear
> people's feedback.
>
> http://spevack.livejournal.com/103305.html
>
> --Max

IMHO this is an excellent idea. Helping to plan the last NA FUDCon, I saw how
much of their limited time both stickster and mchua had to invest in the
process.  Not saying that the FPL leader and others from the Community team do
not need to be involved in the process but just that it should not take as
much of their time as it appeared to take last time.

I would include the following in the responsibilities area

Work with and provide direction to a group of community volunteers to design
and implement the regional FUDCon.  Leverage local (to the event) volunteers,
cutting down on the need for travel prior to the event.

Responsible for setting goals for the event, and provide a post-event report
detailing the set goals and results.

Leverage RH and community assets to provide the best "Return on Investment"
(ROI).

Document everything so those who follow you will have a blueprint to work
from.

and #1 Be open and transparent and involve the community, after all you are
planning their events.

Steven
 Steven M. Parrish