[Ambassadors] calling for backup

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Sat Mar 27 15:23:46 UTC 2010

on Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
> Today seems like a good day to write this blog post.  Interested to hear
> people's feedback.
>
> http://spevack.livejournal.com/103305.html
>
> --Max
> --

I think this is an outstanding idea.  I have one comment re the rotating.

So from an outsiders perspective, I infer that there must a lot of
internal wrangling that occurs, especially for the larger events such
as FUDcon. I suspect that alot of the internal wrangling (and I don't
mean to make it sound bad, it's just part of the process, be that
budgetary or whatever else) is the reason that the community at large
hasn't picked up the responsibility. (And if it isn't, and this is
something the community should be picking up, please correct me, I'd
hate to think that we want FUDcons and FADs so bad and yet aren't
doing the work thats needed if it's something we can do). That leads
me to believe that this internal wrangling has a learning curve that
is non-trivial, and that repeating it would be a waste of time and
resources. If it takes a month to get someone up to speed, having to
repeat it for each FUDcon sounds likely to be an excercise in
frustration.