[Ambassadors] calling for backup

Steven Parrish smparrish at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 02:10:45 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:23 AM, David Nalley <david at gnsa.us> wrote:
> on Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Today seems like a good day to write this blog post.  Interested to hear
>> people's feedback.
>>
>> http://spevack.livejournal.com/103305.html
>>
>> --Max
>> --
>>

> I think this is an outstanding idea.  I have one comment re the rotating.
>
> So from an outsiders perspective, I infer that there must a lot of
> internal wrangling that occurs, especially for the larger events such
> as FUDcon. I suspect that alot of the internal wrangling (and I don't
> mean to make it sound bad, it's just part of the process, be that
> budgetary or whatever else) is the reason that the community at large
> hasn't picked up the responsibility. (And if it isn't, and this is
> something the community should be picking up, please correct me, I'd
> hate to think that we want FUDcons and FADs so bad and yet aren't
> doing the work thats needed if it's something we can do). That leads
> me to believe that this internal wrangling has a learning curve that
> is non-trivial, and that repeating it would be a waste of time and
> resources. If it takes a month to get someone up to speed, having to
> repeat it for each FUDcon sounds likely to be an excercise in
> frustration.

Even though I am on the outside of RH, as far as planning for the last
NA FUDCon stickster and mchua had all their convo in the IRC channel
and everything was logged.  Even budget talk.  And one of the goals of
the Events FAD was in my mind to get everything setup so the community
could take over the planning, with RH thru the FPL or the designee
handling the budget.

Steven