FUDCon Tempe planning recap 2010-10-04

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 20:05:40 UTC 2010

Minutes:
  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fudcon-planning/2010-10-04/fudcon_tempe_planning.2010-10-04-19.02.html
Minutes (text):
  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fudcon-planning/2010-10-04/fudcon_tempe_planning.2010-10-04-19.02.txt
Log:
  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fudcon-planning/2010-10-04/fudcon_tempe_planning.2010-10-04-19.02.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll call  (stickster, 19:02:13)

* https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/16 (pbrobinson
  airfare)  (stickster, 19:04:55)
  * ACTION: SMParrish will stay on top of Walter at SL to get an update
    by Fri 10/8  (stickster, 19:07:10)

* https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/49 (GoDaddy
  sponsorship)  (stickster, 19:07:56)
  * Last we heard, some GoDaddy folks were attending, but we're
    wondering if there's any info on sponsorship possibility
    (stickster, 19:09:46)
  * ACTION: inode0 will prod GoDaddy again via email and update the
    ticket to reflect status.\  (stickster, 19:10:46)
  * We'll check back next week for a response.  (stickster, 19:10:59)

* https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/47 (prospectus)
  (stickster, 19:13:26)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Tempe_2011_prospectus
    (rbergeron, 19:13:58)
  * AGREED: Nice work on prospectus, herlo, rbergeron and lcafiero
    (stickster, 19:14:48)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Tempe_2011_sponsorships
    <-- companion sponsorships doc  (stickster, 19:15:48)
  * LINK:
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Fedora-impress-slide-presentation-template-(marcstewart).otp
    is the template I used at FUDCon Zurich, fwiw  (jsmith, 19:22:14)
  * ACTION: rbergeron file a ticket with Design to get a OOo Writer
    template similar to
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Presentations#General_Templates
    (stickster, 19:22:24)
  * IDEA: Hopefully Emily can produce a Writer template that matches
    that in style  (stickster, 19:23:19)
  * ACTION: rbergeron and jsmith work with herlo at UTOSC on putting the
    prospectus/sponsorship pages into nice Writer docs w/PDF versions
    (stickster, 19:23:55)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/161   (rbergeron,
    19:24:55)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/19 (Internet
    pipe)  (stickster, 19:26:13)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/61 <-- Ryan's
    version of that ticket  (stickster, 19:26:54)

* https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/19 (Internet pipe)
  (stickster, 19:27:22)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/61 <-- Ryan's
    version of that ticket  (stickster, 19:27:34)
  * zgiles sent paul and I an update on his research in providing the
    pipe  (rrix, 19:28:03)
  * CY is okay with putting antennas on the roof, okayed by the GM
    (rrix, 19:28:33)
  * however, they aren't going to purchase any APs, so we'll have to
    provide/rent/etc them  (rrix, 19:28:46)
  * they do have wired access in all rooms however  (rrix, 19:28:59)
  * He has contact details from folks at ASU from someone else who has
    put antennas n the brickyard, so he's going to get in contact
    (rrix, 19:29:45)
  * Zach asked stickster whether ASU was giving FUDCon wired as well as
    wireless connections  (stickster, 19:30:56)
  * ACTION: stickster respond to Zach and rrix's question  (stickster,
    19:31:39)
  * jsmith contact Carlos is looking at bringing in a completely
    separate connection, and currently we are awaiting results of his
    on-site visit, hopefully happening in the next week.  (stickster,
    19:38:49)
  * stickster responded to Zach's question, for rrix's info  (stickster,
    19:39:58)

* https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/58 (Light rail info
  for wiki)  (stickster, 19:40:45)
  * We need info to get people from airport -> light rail, and light
    rail -> hotel.  (stickster, 19:41:27)
  *
    http://www.valleymetro.org/metro_light_rail/how_to_ride/airport_connection/
    (jsmith, 19:43:37)
  * Maybe all we need is the second part -- directions from light rail
    stop -> hotel  (stickster, 19:45:30)
  * ACTION: rbergeron will handle the rest of this ticket because she is
    AWESOME.  (stickster, 19:48:04)

* AOB (all other business)  (stickster, 19:48:17)
  * ACTION: stickster draft email to ASU CISDE faculty with status
    update  (stickster, 19:55:25)
  * Generally we cut off guaranteed t-shirt and swag stuff for
    pre-registrants at about #130.  (stickster, 19:58:22)
  * we usually plan for a few extras for food and such, ~150.
    (stickster, 19:58:49)
  * AGREED: We'll continue food and pre-reg limit discussions on the
    list  (stickster, 20:02:53)

Meeting ended at 20:04:24 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* SMParrish will stay on top of Walter at SL to get an update by Fri
  10/8
* inode0 will prod GoDaddy again via email and update the ticket to
  reflect status.\
* rbergeron file a ticket with Design to get a OOo Writer template
  similar to
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Presentations#General_Templates
* rbergeron and jsmith work with herlo at UTOSC on putting the
  prospectus/sponsorship pages into nice Writer docs w/PDF versions
* stickster respond to Zach and rrix's question
* rbergeron will handle the rest of this ticket because she is AWESOME.
* stickster draft email to ASU CISDE faculty with status update

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* inode0
  * inode0 will prod GoDaddy again via email and update the ticket to
    reflect status.\
* jsmith
  * rbergeron and jsmith work with herlo at UTOSC on putting the
    prospectus/sponsorship pages into nice Writer docs w/PDF versions
* rbergeron
  * rbergeron file a ticket with Design to get a OOo Writer template
    similar to
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Presentations#General_Templates
  * rbergeron and jsmith work with herlo at UTOSC on putting the
    prospectus/sponsorship pages into nice Writer docs w/PDF versions
  * rbergeron will handle the rest of this ticket because she is
    AWESOME.
* rrix
  * stickster respond to Zach and rrix's question
* SMParrish
  * SMParrish will stay on top of Walter at SL to get an update by Fri
    10/8
* stickster
  * stickster respond to Zach and rrix's question
  * stickster draft email to ASU CISDE faculty with status update
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)
* stickster (122)