T-shirts for FUDCon Tempe

Pascal Calarco pcalarco at nd.edu
Thu Oct 7 13:19:09 UTC 2010

  On 10/04/2010 04:09 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 04:08:42PM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> For FUDCon Tempe, we need:
>>
>> (1) Someone to either make, or work with the Design team to have made,
>> a design for the shirt
>>
>> (2) Someone to get all the vendor stuff sorted out so someone from Red
>> Hat can call, give credit card info, and the shirts will be made and
>> sent somewhere appropriate for the event.
>>
>> Do I hear any takers?
> Nobody?  Bueller?

Hi Paul and FUDCon team --

Since this is still a need for us, I'm willing to coordinate the design
and procurement of the FUDCon Tempe shirts.  Its fairly similar to work
I've done in the past getting Fedora Ambassadors polos ordered.  Still,
I will need help with various aspects of this, and so have the following
questions:

1) I'm no design person, and so will need to work with the Design team
to both have them envision the design and pull it off.  Who was the
point person on the Design team for last year's FUDCon Toronto?  Should
I approach that person directly, or open a new Design TRAC ticket and
have the team decision who is best to work on this?  Or are these FUDCon
tickets assigned to the Design team?

2) From Robyn's email to the list on 9/27[1], we have a local shop to
possibly source this from[2].  We'll start from here and compare costs
for these to last year's FUDCon as a reasonable measure.  Where do I
find out how much per unit costs were for FUDCon Toronto?  Is that
amount the same ballpark we are budgeted for this year? I will pull off
the wiki what sizes and numbers we're looking for.  Do we order shirts
for others who are not represented on the FUDCon pre-registrants list?

[1]
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fudcon-planning/2010-September/001240.html
[2] http://www.brandxstore.com/

   - pascal