FUDCon LATAM 2011 Decision

Sven von Brand Laredo svbrand at alumnos.inf.utfsm.cl
Tue Oct 12 03:53:04 UTC 2010

On 10/11/2010 09:36 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Monday, October 11, 2010 05:03:32 pm Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>
>> So Bids for FUDCon LATAM closed September 30 according to
>> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fudcon-planning/2010-September/001
>> 175.html
>>
>> We have 4 bids
>>
>> [...]
>>
> Looking at the bids one thing stands out to me as lacking. there is no
> concrete hotel plans.  We should have a concrete plan and we shuold have
> talked  to the hotels to have concrete pricing lined up
> The closest bid to having complete Lodging info is panama.  but it doesnt look
> to me like they have talked with the options and worked out something definete.
> We want to have all people at the same location so that evening events etc are
> simpler to organise  and people can tak and work on things into the late
> hours.
>
> [...]

For the bid of Valparaíso Chile, we have agreements with two hotels
called Marina del Rey and Hotel Gala, with enough capacity for all
speakers and there's also another Hotel nearby called Hotel Monaldi
that's a great option for students. All three hotels are in the same
street less than 2 blocks away from each other. This hotels were used
for the Encuentro Linux and hosted about 30 Speakers and allowed to
make post event activities because they are at a walking distance of
many places that are great to grab something to eat and/or a drink.

The hotels Marina del Rey and Gala cost about 80 dollars for a two
person room per night, It depends in the dollar exchange value. The
university has an agreement, so this price should be final.

Hotel Minaldi has to be consulted, but costs around 25 dollars per
person per night.

--
Sven von Brand