FUDCon LATAM 2011 Decision

Sven von Brand Laredo svbrand at alumnos.inf.utfsm.cl
Tue Oct 12 04:40:30 UTC 2010

On 10/12/2010 01:23 AM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Monday, October 11, 2010 10:53:04 pm Sven von Brand Laredo wrote:
>
>> On 10/11/2010 09:36 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>>
>>> On Monday, October 11, 2010 05:03:32 pm Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>>>
>>> [...]
> We really want a single hotel,  What facilities are available for a room for
> having hackfests in in the evening?  will the hotel provide this room for free
> for us?

In the case of our bid, both hotels are big enough to be able to have all
speakers there. Both hotels have internet conection, but I have to check
the prices or accesability to a room for a hackfest, it could be done
in the university also. I will check wich hotel has the best option to host
a hackfest and will write back.

> Please pick a single hotel that we can make appropriate agreements with
> What internet facilities are available at the hotel? Can we walk from the
> hotel to the conference?  I know at FISL we can not and that makes things
> harder.

The hotels are not at walking distance from the event, but both hotels
are next to a bus stop, buses drive by every minute and almost all the
buses pass by the university. All the necessary information would be
given to the speakers that come from other countries, and we would
have a vehicle dedicated to transportation of the speakers.

Hotels are 10 minutes from the university by bus.

> These questions really need to be answered by all bid teams.  Sorry i did not
> pay closer attention to the proposals earlier.

Don't worry, the idea is to have some kind of discussion here, is it not?

--
Sven von Brand