FUDCon LATAM 2011 Decision

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 04:00:58 UTC 2010

Em Seg, 2010-10-11 às 23:38 -0500, Dennis Gilmore escreveu:
> On Monday, October 11, 2010 05:03:32 pm Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > So Bids for FUDCon LATAM closed September 30 according to
> > http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fudcon-planning/2010-September/001
> > 175.html
> >
> > We have 4 bids
> >
> 2 of the bids are associated with other free and open source events.  what
> arrangements do we have with the organisers of the other events.
>
> 1) what guarantee of space/advertising etc do we have?
> 2) can fudcon attendees attend the event for free? discounted rate? how can we
> make fudcon accesable for all?
> 3) what are we going to do to make fudcon stand out and on its own. so people
> know that it is happening?
>
> Have we even talked to the main event organisers?

We keep talking to event organizers since we always try to have Fedora
participating both in FISL and Latinoware, including next Latinoware to
happen in early November. Both events need a paid registration, but we
can get a discount by preparing our requisitions at least one month
before the event. So it need to be prepared in advance. Advertisement
would be done in our booth as we usually do and also in the event
schedule.

Regards,
--
Igor Pires Soares