FUDCon LATAM 2011 Decision

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 04:38:49 UTC 2010

Em Ter, 2010-10-12 às 01:21 -0400, Toshio Kuratomi escreveu:
> What Dennis is driving at is that he envisions a fudcon where there isn't
> mcuh of any difference between speakers and attendees.  So a hotel,
> transportation system, etc that can accomodate everyone is desirable.

This is an interesting discussion. I think we have to keep clear in our
minds the kind of public we want for next FUDCon in LATAM.

If we are going host the event in a university, like Chile proposal, or
even in Porto Alegre it is possible that we will receive students and
many people who are not contributors (yet). That would be great for the
talks, but we would need a place and time for the hackfests. It looks
like hosting in a venue like Latinoware or Ciudad Del Saber we would
have more technical Fedora people and less general public. What could
benefit the interaction between our contributors and less talks for the
public.

It is important to balance that. The good thing about universities is
the variety of the public we can achieve without damaging the technical
side if done right, like in Valparaiso or at FISL. On the other hand, we
still need to find an appropriate place at the hotels and venues to also
host hackfests and evening activities in those places, what looks like
that Panamá is already offering since the venue is near the hotel so
would be easier to have most activities in the venue.

--
Igor Pires Soares
Fedora I18N/L10N QA