FUDCon Tempe planning recap 2010-09-07

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 19:50:45 UTC 2010

Ignore the extra happy birthday greetings to rrix -- it turned out we
were misinformed! :-)

Minutes:
  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fudcon-planning/2010-09-07/fudcon_tempe_planning.2010-09-07-19.02.html
Minutes (text):
  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fudcon-planning/2010-09-07/fudcon_tempe_planning.2010-09-07-19.02.txt
Log:
  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fudcon-planning/2010-09-07/fudcon_tempe_planning.2010-09-07-19.02.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll call!  (stickster, 19:03:04)
  * Happy birthday to rrix!  (stickster, 19:03:41)

* Last week's action items  (stickster, 19:04:33)
  * LINK:
    http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fudcon-planning/2010-08-30/fudcon_tempe_planning.2010-08-30-19.00.html
    <-- last week's meeting notes  (stickster, 19:04:47)
  * 1 -- stickster on hook to write up hotel parking info (DONE)
    (stickster, 19:05:09)
  * 2 -- rrix to talk to contact about b'band costs and work up quote
    (MOSTLY DONE)  (stickster, 19:05:39)
  * 3 stickster to talk to Marriott about b'band bump (DONE)
    (stickster, 19:06:05)
  * 3 -- They don't have an easily adjustable pipe. So this is probably
    going to be no different than doing it ourselves.  (stickster,
    19:06:41)
  * ACTION: rbergeron Add information to the wiki budget page regarding
    breakfast + lunch Saturday, breakfast Sunday  (stickster, 19:09:32)
  * 5 -- stickster close ticket #26 (DONE)  (stickster, 19:09:53)
  * 6 -- stickster file tickets for lunch cost estimates and buying
    sodas (NOT DONE)  (stickster, 19:10:04)
  * ACTION: stickster File tickets for lunch cost estimates, ordering
    breakfast and lunch, and buying sodas  (stickster, 19:10:18)
  * ACTION: herlo Create FUDCon prospectus outline  (stickster,
    19:12:40)
  * ACTION: rbergeron to get with adam mccullough (our buddy who is
    president of ASULUG) about making reservation for Sparky's Den,
    Saturday, 6-11pm.  (stickster, 19:13:07)
  * ACTION: herlo to mail list to develop list of sponsorships, then
    have prospectus done by ~Wed 2010-09-08 COB  (stickster, 19:15:45)

* Internet pipe (https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/19)
  (stickster, 19:15:59)
  * ACTION: herlo include wifi sponsorship as a premier level item in
    our sponsor docs  (stickster, 19:24:54)
  * ACTION: stickster talk to Liz at Marriott to find out if it's OK for
    us to bring equipment to their roof.  (stickster, 19:28:15)
  * ACTION: jsmith If roof equipment OK, set up on-site survey with
    bandwidth provider  (stickster, 19:28:36)

* Sponsors list (https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/27)
  (stickster, 19:29:55)
  * ACTION: stickster file a ticket for herlo's prospectus creation
    (stickster, 19:30:34)
  * ACTION: stickster file a ticket for rbergeron and stickster to talk
    to Google at OhioLF  (stickster, 19:30:49)
  * ACTION: SMParrish make a table on FUDCon Tempe wiki (logistics or
    planning page) to capture sponsor list and requests made
    (stickster, 19:32:27)

* FUDPub (https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/31)
  (stickster, 19:34:08)
  * There seemed to be general agreement that Sparky's Den was the best
    location yet (thank you inode0 for the idea), and rbergeron was
    working on reserving it.  (stickster, 19:34:51)
    sponsorship and participation  (stickster, 19:36:19)
  * ACTION: stickster File ticket to track inode0 resolving sponsorship
    with GoDaddy  (stickster, 19:37:12)
  * AGREED: Sparky's Den is where we want to hold FUDPub. rbergeron,
    jsmith, and stickster to work together with ASU LUG friend Adam to
    secure and plan.  (stickster, 19:40:29)
  * ACTION: stickster File ticket to track how to handle under-21
    participants  (stickster, 19:40:54)
  * ACTION: stickster File ticket to track securing the actual location
    (stickster, 19:41:03)
  * stickster will assign these to rbergeron as our local over-21
    contact  (stickster, 19:41:19)

* Subsidies  (stickster, 19:42:15)

100  7507  100  7507    0     0  15881      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 24138
* SMParrish sent out a whenisgood invite for follow-up meeting for
    subsidies  (stickster, 19:42:32)
  * http://whenisgood.net/3shj5b  (jsmith, 19:43:02)

* AOB -- all other business  (stickster, 19:44:34)

Meeting ended at 19:48:41 UTC.

Action Items
------------
[...]

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* herlo
  * herlo Create FUDCon prospectus outline
  * herlo to mail list to develop list of sponsorships, then have
    prospectus done by ~Wed 2010-09-08 COB
  * herlo include wifi sponsorship as a premier level item in our
    sponsor docs
  * stickster file a ticket for herlo's prospectus creation
* inode0
  * stickster File ticket to track inode0 resolving sponsorship with
    GoDaddy
* jsmith
  * jsmith If roof equipment OK, set up on-site survey with bandwidth
    provider
* rbergeron
  * rbergeron Add information to the wiki budget page regarding
    breakfast + lunch Saturday, breakfast Sunday
  * rbergeron to get with adam mccullough (our buddy who is president of
    ASULUG) about making reservation for Sparky's Den, Saturday, 6-11pm.
  * stickster file a ticket for rbergeron and stickster to talk to
    Google at OhioLF
* SMParrish
  * SMParrish make a table on FUDCon Tempe wiki (logistics or planning
    page) to capture sponsor list and requests made
* stickster
  * stickster File tickets for lunch cost estimates, ordering breakfast
    and lunch, and buying sodas
  * stickster talk to Liz at Marriott to find out if it's OK for us to
    bring equipment to their roof.
  * stickster file a ticket for herlo's prospectus creation
  * stickster file a ticket for rbergeron and stickster to talk to
    Google at OhioLF
  * stickster File ticket to track inode0 resolving sponsorship with
    GoDaddy
  * stickster File ticket to track how to handle under-21 participants
  * stickster File ticket to track securing the actual location
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------