Video Streaming

Bert Desmet bert at devnox.be
Mon Sep 20 17:59:46 UTC 2010

During FUDcon EMEA this weekend we had a barcamp about streaming the event.

We all agreed on using Flumotion as streaming system.
Why?
* Peter Robinson works for a company who is a partner of Flumotion
* The CTO of flumotion is still active in the belgium community (although he
lives in Spain now), so I can probably ask him for $favour, if needed.
* GUADEC used flumotion too, and were very very happy about the result (and
they got the support for free)

So, what I would propose:
* start a project on the FUDcon page (or a link to the project) where people
can find information about the progress of the project (we need a streaming
server, appliances to connect cameras too, cameras, camera people, ...)

let me know what you think, because we should get working on it.

Bert