FUDCon Tempe planning recap 2010-09-27

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 20:05:57 UTC 2010

Minutes:
  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fudcon-planning/2010-09-27/fudcon_tempe_planning.2010-09-27-19.00.html
Minutes (text):
  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fudcon-planning/2010-09-27/fudcon_tempe_planning.2010-09-27-19.00.txt
Log:
  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fudcon-planning/2010-09-27/fudcon_tempe_planning.2010-09-27-19.00.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------
* roll call  (stickster, 19:01:02)
  * rbergeron is doing some kid-shuttling and may not be available
    (stickster, 19:02:21)

* Last week's action items  (stickster, 19:04:39)
  * LINK:
    http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fudcon-planning/2010-09-20/fudcon_tempe_planning.2010-09-20-19.00.html
    <-- last week's stuff  (stickster, 19:05:07)
  * SMParrish heard back from Walter @SugarLabs, they'll have an answer
    for us at the end of this week  (stickster, 19:07:00)
  * ACTION: rbergeron reach out to Cat @GOOG to figure out what she
    needs in terms of prospectus, to guide work  (stickster, 19:07:46)
  * ACTION: rbergeron will keep working on the welcome packet and wants
    YOUR help!  (stickster, 19:07:53)
  * ACTION: rbergeron write a follow-up blog post to Paul's post about
    subsidies and lodging  (stickster, 19:08:20)
  * ACTION: SMParrish will blog about sessions and hackfests
    (stickster, 19:09:52)

* https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/49 (GoDaddy
  sponsorship)  (stickster, 19:10:38)
  * This one belongs to inode0, no update yet  (stickster, 19:10:55)
  * ACTION: stickster to update ticket with ping  (stickster, 19:11:06)

* Tickets we're breezing past for now since they're in progress
  (stickster, 19:11:49)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/16 <--
    pbrobinson airfare  (stickster, 19:12:07)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/48 <-- Google
    sponsorship, see above  (stickster, 19:12:21)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/19 <--
    internet pipe, waiting to hear back from jsmith about his contact
    (stickster, 19:12:46)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/61 <--
    internet pipe, rrix is reaching out to Zach this week again
    (stickster, 19:13:25)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/50 <-- welcome
    packet, Robyn's working on it  (stickster, 19:14:44)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/47 <-- Sponsor
    prospectus, herlo and anyone else interested should be working on
    this  (stickster, 19:16:04)
  * Remember, 'na-meeting' keyword indicates a ticket should be
    discussed at the meeting. If a ticket becomes invalid or no longer
    needed, you can remove that keyword.  (stickster, 19:18:06)

* https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/64 (FUDPub beverages,
  specifically the adult kind)  (stickster, 19:18:39)
  * $3.25/person = something like $600 or so, including the gratuity for
    our size crowd  (stickster, 19:20:24)
  * The deal is, Pourmasters runs the bar, we secure the permit from ASU
    and the law, and buy and provide the booze to Pourmasters.
    (stickster, 19:21:23)
  * We are prohibited from accepting $$ for booze on site, so it must
    all be bought in advance, and we cannot buy more and bring it in
    during the event.  (stickster, 19:24:29)
  * AGREED: Someone(s) @RHT will be there early to help purchase booze.
    Anything leftover will be given to people who are able to take it
    with them, and that does not include rrix :-)  (stickster, 19:25:27)
  * Underage patrons don't need to be cordoned off. Pourmasters will
    card people, and as long as we make sure under-21s don't have access
    to alcohol our permit should be no problem.  (stickster, 19:28:19)
  * Pourmasters reservation already made by the magnificent rbergeron
    (stickster, 19:31:14)

* https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/57 ("looking for
  roommate" on wiki)  (stickster, 19:31:47)
  * ACTION: stickster build out the instructions for room sharing so
    they're more helpful  (stickster, 19:35:04)
  * We want people who are being paid out of some part of Red Hat's
    budget (whether subsidies, or direct funding) to room together,
    which makes everyone's lives easier  (stickster, 19:38:51)

* https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/58 (Bus info, light
  rail to hotel)  (stickster, 19:41:01)
  * ACTION: rbergeron will fill in bus info when she gets a chance
    (non-emergency)'  (stickster, 19:41:47)

* AOB (all other business)  (stickster, 19:42:00)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/51 <-- poster,
    request is pending with design team  (stickster, 19:43:04)
  * ACTION: stickster ask about T-shirt design on list  (stickster,
    19:45:29)
  * IDEA: How well is the Trac working for everyone?  (stickster,
    19:45:47)
  * IDEA: Have a 2-months prior meeting to check all closed tickets,
    making sure we didn't forget any next steps.  (stickster, 19:53:55)
  * ACTION: rbergeron ask on list about (a) how many rooms booked (b)
    all-day hospitality suite on friday  (rbergeron, 19:57:38)
  * ACTION: rbergeron ask on list about sending out nag mail around 15th
    to request all sponsored ppl have booked their rooms  (rbergeron,
    19:59:04)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/roadmap <-- This is a
    great way to check our progress.  (stickster, 19:59:06)

Meeting ended at 20:01:02 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* rbergeron reach out to Cat @GOOG to figure out what she needs in terms
  of prospectus, to guide work
* rbergeron will keep working on the welcome packet and wants YOUR help!
* rbergeron write a follow-up blog post to Paul's post about subsidies
  and lodging
* SMParrish will blog about sessions and hackfests
* stickster to update ticket with ping
* stickster build out the instructions for room sharing so they're more
  helpful
* rbergeron will fill in bus info when she gets a chance
  (non-emergency)'
* stickster ask about T-shirt design on list
* rbergeron ask on list about (a) how many rooms booked (b) all-day
  hospitality suite on friday
* rbergeron ask on list about sending out nag mail around 15th to
  request all sponsored ppl have booked their rooms

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* rbergeron
  * rbergeron reach out to Cat @GOOG to figure out what she needs in
    terms of prospectus, to guide work
  * rbergeron will keep working on the welcome packet and wants YOUR
    help!
  * rbergeron write a follow-up blog post to Paul's post about subsidies
    and lodging
  * rbergeron will fill in bus info when she gets a chance
    (non-emergency)'
  * rbergeron ask on list about (a) how many rooms booked (b) all-day
    hospitality suite on friday
  * rbergeron ask on list about sending out nag mail around 15th to
    request all sponsored ppl have booked their rooms
* SMParrish
  * SMParrish will blog about sessions and hackfests
* stickster
  * stickster to update ticket with ping
  * stickster build out the instructions for room sharing so they're
    more helpful
  * stickster ask about T-shirt design on list
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)
* stickster (124)