FUDCon NA for FY2012 -- bids, length, budget, etc.

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 15:27:15 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:45:37AM +0100, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:34:56 -0500, "Paul W. Frields"
> <stickster at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > some and then some...
>
> Longer event: +1
>
> > * How does the overall budget, based on a longer event, affect the
> >   ability to bring in international visitors?  Furthermore, what goals
> >   exist for international attendees, and how will the event meet those
> >   goals?
>
> I'm not sure what type of, or which 'goals' are being referred to. If you
> can give me some insight here please, I can try to be helpful ;-)

Sorry that was unclear -- it meant "What are the goals of FUDCon
organizers in funding more international attendees?"

I expect every attendee would bring their own goals with them too.
It's important that the organizers know why and on what basis they're
approving subsidies, if those subsidies are more costly than bringing
in contributors already located in the geo where the FUDCon happens.