FUDCon Tempe information booklet: need content!

Ian Weller ian at ianweller.org
Mon Jan 3 20:01:34 UTC 2011

(Been talking about this a lot in IRC but not much on the list so I'll
start from the top. tl;dr: working on an info booklet for FUDCon Tempe,
need some information/content as specified near the end of the email)

I've been working on the FUDCon Tempe information booklet/packet thing:
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Tempe_2011_packet
The ticket is here. I should probably update it after I send this email.
  https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/50

The current plan is for it to be a 12-page 8.5x11" full-color stapled
booklet. We're going to print 250 copies at a place where I live
(Salina, KS) and the printing plus the shipping to Tempe will come in
under budget (which is set at $600, from what I was last told by Robyn).

The working files for the booklet are here:
  http://ianweller.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-tempe-booklet/
If you're looking for a preview of each page, view the PNG files. The
SVG and PDF files all have a eighth-inch bleed around the edges, at the
request of the printer.

You may notice a bunch of the pages are blank, and there's a lot of
missing info. That's what I plan to be spending most of this week on;
I'd like to have a close-to-final iteration of these pages done by the
end of the week so I can get them printed and shipped before next
Friday, the 14th. (I leave Salina to go back to college the Tuesday
after.)

Here's the content and information I need from others:
- jsmith: I need a welcome letter from you for page 2. A PNG of your
  signature would be neat, too, but not required.
- anybody: Do we have wireless connection information yet? If not, we
  could save space for it in the book and print labels, or something.
- anybody: Can we get in touch with the sponsors and see if they want a
  little room for their logos on page 3? I've set off some space (you
  can see) but I doubt we use all of it for the sponsors.
- event owners: confirmation that the proposed schedule on the wiki is
  going to be (very very very close to) the final event schedule
- anybody local: the area vendors section on the wiki page needs to be
  updated. some sections are empty, and we probably also need locations
  close to the secondary hotel and on campus.
- event owners/pfrields: any updates on ticket 86 (anti-harrassment
  policy)?

Thanks!

--
Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org>