Where we'll be on Saturday

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Wed Jan 5 01:05:38 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 19:49 -0500, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org> wrote:
>
> >> Currently the schedule on the wiki reads that the orientation +
> >> barcamp scheduling session runs 0900-1000 on Saturday, and the first
> >> session doesn't start until 1100.  That works out perfectly IMHO,
> >> because we usually run a bit behind.
> >
> > s/a bit/hilariously/
>
> I somehow object to planning to run behind - Toronto was epic fail
> that I'd prefer not to see repeated. Maybe by 5 minutes, sure, but not
> by an hour :)

If it takes an hour for the intro and pitches and
checkmarks-on-the-sheets, though, then an hour to (a) finalize the
schedule (b) get it copied onto the wiki and (c) switch buildings might
not be unreasonable -- especially if you have a grab-a-coffee in there
to create some elasticity.

Think of it more as buffer space than planning to run behind.

-Chris