Where we'll be on Saturday

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 01:32:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 17:49, Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org> wrote:
>
>>> Currently the schedule on the wiki reads that the orientation +
>>> barcamp scheduling session runs 0900-1000 on Saturday, and the first
>>> session doesn't start until 1100.  That works out perfectly IMHO,
>>> because we usually run a bit behind.
>>
>> s/a bit/hilariously/
>
> I somehow object to planning to run behind - Toronto was epic fail
> that I'd prefer not to see repeated. Maybe by 5 minutes, sure, but not
> by an hour :)

I didn't see it as much as epic fail as epic overload. The issues were
broken by "number of topics" by "number of participants" and the fact
that humans had to go through them as an unsorted list multiple times
to get an idea of a) what was available b) what they wanted to do and
c) what they didn't want to conflict. Thus requiring a high amount of
IRQ and reloading.

I guess it would be better if some of the talks/items were pitched
before the Con? That would give longer time?

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren