what's left for the tempe packet?

Ian Weller ian at ianweller.org
Sun Jan 9 08:31:46 UTC 2011

Hello from the land of sleep deprivation.

Here's what's left for the Tempe booklets. Deadline for when Ian burns a
CD with the PDFs is Sunday night, CST.

Some info I'm not totally sure about or can't write because I am bad at
writing. Here's what I need:

- I need a welcome letter (page 2).
- I need a write-up on how a BarCamp works (page 7).
- I need more ideas for what to put on page 7, after the BarCamp stuff.
- I need someone to tell me what rooms we're using for the different
  talks on Saturday and Sunday in BYAC, or to tell me to leave the
  headings blank so people can write in room numbers themselves (pages 8
  and 9).
- I need someone to double-check the schedule on pages 8 and 9.
- I need a few more copy editing eyes.

Things I'm going to spend time on tomorrow:

- Double check that all URLs actually point to what they should point
  to.
- Double check information for local vendors. Add mileages for anything
  that's more than a 15-minute walk.
- Add artwork from the Tempe T-Shirt to blank spaces on page 3 and 9.
- Double checking a few thousand times that the PDFs are completely
  CMYK, and hoping they open up fine at the print shop (I don't see why
  not, seeing as how GhostScript is standards compliant. Oh, you never
  know...).

Thanks to everyone who has slaved getting me information and other stuff
to make this thing happen. It's worth it, I think :)

Production schedule for the booklet:
- Monday: Order placed, CD given to publishers, see if they can accept a
  credit card number over the phone from Max for payment
- Tuesday: approve proofs (mainly a color check)
- Wednesday-Friday: printers gonna print

--
Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org>