Need to figure out ASAP, Food / Rooms for Saturday and Sunday.

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Mon Jan 10 16:56:46 UTC 2011

As you all know, Ian has been hard at work on the FUDCon Tempe booklet.

We really need to square away some issues, very rapidly, to make sure he
can hit some deadlines as far as printing and such goes.

The first issue is whether or not we can have food / breakfast in the
ART building.  From what I understand, it's also an Art gallery,
including in the main areas, and so we need to get permission from the
building owners to do food in there, since it's largely dependent on
"what type of art is happening" at the moment. Catering has no control
over it, nor do they have any ideas of what's allowed.  We need to find
out if we can eat either (a) in a main area, or (b) eat in the ART 220
room (and have room to set up food in there).   I suspect this needs
coordination from Jon Delany.

We also need to figure out if the ART building can accommodate an
earlier opening of 8:30am. This is sometihng else Jon would probably
need to wrangle.

Jared has indicated that he'd prefer to do the FPL talk on Sunday
morning, in the ART room.  Which means we'd need to rearrange the
schedule a bit for Sunday (probably changing the 9:00-9:50 slot to being
in ART and then walking back, assuming a short but sweet talk from
jsmith.)  This hinges on being able to eat in the ART room. If not, the
fall-back is to have Jared talk on Saturday morning, post-barcamp stuff,
and then we would effectively not have a breakfast saturday morning, and
then have our previously scheduled breakfast in BYAC on Sunday.  Or, the
other option is to have Jared do his thing on Sunday, and Barcamp of
course on Saturday, and not have breakfast either day, if we can't eat
in ART.

In any case:

We need to make the call on what we want to do.  Being - do we leave
this Food detail out and provide it on a separate piece of paper (the
breakfast detail) at checkin? Do we want to try and get ahold of Jon
today to see what, if anything, is possible as far as time on the ART
room, and if we can have food there?

-Robyn