FUDcon LATAM meeting

dennis at localhost.ausil.us dennis at localhost.ausil.us
Thu Jan 13 06:21:22 UTC 2011

> Em Dom, 2011-01-09 às 10:46 -0500, Alejandro Pérez escreveu:
>> First, sorry for delay on this report.
>
> I'm sorry as well because I could not attend to teh last meeting due to
> last minute problems here. I hope we can continue the meetings this
> friday.
>
>> Status FUDcon Panama
>>
>> Ciudad del Saber (Sponsor)
>> Will sponsor space and infrastructure, conference center room for
>> 150-200 people for the first day, 2 rooms of 50 people each for the next
>> 2 days, dgilmore request that we need 2 more rooms or at least one more.
>> This will be talk with them, probably we will get them.
>
> By reading the meeting logs I saw that the idea is to have 3 tracks in
> the schedule. However, this was pointed as one of the downsides of
> FUDCon Santiago [1]. Unless we are expecting a huge public or a big
> number of talks, 2 tracks seems more appropriated. In FUDCon Santiago a
> lot of attendees didn't know what talk to watch due to some of them had
> been scheduled at the same time. As a consequence, rooms had few
> attendees because public got divided. There were also empty slots in the
> schedule, what we should try to avoid as well.
>
> In FUDCon Porto Alegre we had just one track and rooms were full in
> almost in every talk. Maybe it is time to try an approach with 2 tracks
> in order to find the right balance.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Santiago_2010_Wrapup

>From my perspective

santiago was all talks for 3 days it was long and drawn out. there was no
hackfests at all. We need to make sure there is hackfests and not solid
talks for 3 days.

I think part of why there was so many people at the talks at FUDCon at
FISL was due to the main floor being closed for the presidentail visit. I
dont know that there would have been the same turnout if the main floor
was open for all.

We need to work hard to make sure we follow a bar camp style and that
there is not conflits with talks people really want to see.

Dennis