Name badges

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Tue Jan 18 22:03:54 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 16:48 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/174
>
> Nushio had a great idea on this ticket, which is to place a scannable
> QR Code in our FUDCon name badges.

Should this be a vcard QR code, or a URL QR code pointing to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Whosit ?

Vcard pros and cons:
+ doesn't need net connection
- limited info

- requires net connection to be useful

(Any privacy legistlation applicable here? I know there could be in
Canada)

> ... Last year we used simple Avery perforated
> blanks along with pin-style holders -- the ones that are made out of
> flexible thin plastic that just folds over the top; the badge can go
> in that way or through either side.

Actually, we used those at the previous Boston FUDCon; they're 2x3.5"
business card size. At Toronto we used the string-around-the-neck ones
that are a big bigger (3x4") so names could be printed larger.

-Chris