Table for FUDCon?

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Wed Jan 19 21:10:51 UTC 2011

On 01/19/2011 01:28 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:33:58PM -0600, inode0 wrote:
>>> I'm going to say no. Because I don't see that it makes any sense, and it
>>> would take people away from the larger event (even in shifts).
>>>
>>> IMHO, FUDCon is a giant table. :)
>> It might be worth doing if there were a place/time to "target" the
>> local community in some way. For people at FUDCon itself, yeah, it is
>> a giant table.
> One way I could see it making sense is nearby our rooms in Memorial
> Union, *iff.* the building staff is OK with it, and the people at it
> are not otherwise involved/interested in hackfests.  It would be very
> important to note that foot traffic through MU is likely to be lots of
> people *other* than geeky folks, and people sitting at the table would
> want to calibrate their pitch accordingly.  Otherwise, I agree with
> Tom.
We aren't exactly in a high foot traffic area at the MU - people (I'd
suspect) don't go upstairs to the second floor of nothing but meeting
rooms unless they're going to attend something. I would suggest setting
something up downstairs or near the staircase, but I'm sure that that
would require getting permits to assemble or something like that.