Tempe - Rounding up hotel shuttle information.

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 17:49:15 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 01:09:33PM -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> > > Ah, I understand now.  Yes, international visitors can call the hotel
> > > in advance (even days or weeks in advance) to book the shuttle.  I'll
> > > change the wiki appropriately.
> >
> > I called Courtyard today and they said they're not able to book a
> > shuttle in advance. I don't know if this was misinformation, but they
> > also said that there are free phones at the airport we can call upon
> > arrival although they weren't sure about that. I see that our wiki
> > mentions that there aren't toll-free phones at the PHX airport. Can
> > someone confirm that?
>
> I called the hotel directly after your original inquiry, to confirm
> this.  I'll call them again and see if I can speak to someone more
> authoritative.

I just got off the phone with a hotel manager, and they told me that,
while there is not a free courtesy phone available at the airport, any
traveler can visit the Information Desk and ask them to contact the
Courtyard Tempe Downtown for the complimentary shuttle.

Apparently the person I originally talked to was mistaken about
booking the shuttle in advance.  The manager apologized for that, and
said they can't do advance bookings because the shuttle is not allowed
to wait at passenger pickup, due to airport safety and traffic
regulations.

The manager also helpfully reminded us to make sure to mention it's
the *Courtyard Tempe Downtown*, not the Courtyard hotel at the
airport.