Hackfest Meetings

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 18:43:48 UTC 2011

2011/1/28 Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com>:
> Just took a look at all the things that I have to do this FUDCon and relized
> that my hackfest time is going to be largely meetings and largely filled up
> already.  One that hasn't been pre-arranged but we really should have --
> We're flying a lot of latam ambassadors in this time around so they can help
> see FUDCon NA and carry ideas from that back to the planning forFUDCon
> Panama.  It would be great if we could get the FUDCon Tempe Organizers and
> the Latam Ambassadors together for a meeting at some point.  Maybe if
> there's a wrap up session  planned, having this be an additional hour at the
> same meeting would be good.  or maybe having it at a different time will
> save the Tempe Organizers from burnout :-)

This would be great. We can get all LATAM folks together and talk
about FUDCon organization.
I have presentation slides about LATAM that show the landscape of our
local community right now, so we can take that and turn into a
discussion about how to organize a FUDCon Event regarding our
characteristics and good things that Tempe Organizers can teach us to
overtake our challenges.

> Dennis Gilmore could also give an update on how planning for FUDCon Panama
> is currently going and any observations about what's needed to make sure
> that that event comes out as well as this one.

One of the points I would like to add here is how to improve our
communication. For sure Tempe Organizers have many experiences to
share on that too.

Regards,
Igor