FUDCon Biding change Proposal

Alejandro Perez alejandro.perez.torres at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 17:12:51 UTC 2011

After the great experience of Organize a FUDCon, in my case FUDCon Latam
2011 Panama, I would like to propose some changes on the Bidding time
and Schedule. Hope this make sense and help others to Bid and improve
FUDCon organization experience.

Right now we finish the FUDCon on one area so people can start biding
for the next FUDCon on that region, my proposal is this:

Two months before the FUDCon of one region we have to decide were the
next FUDCon is going to be, the idea of this is that the winners of the
Bid can go to the present FUDCon and see the organization and learn,
they should arrive one week before and leave one week after so the can
see all details of the coming FUDCon and use that experience for the one
they will organice. The organizer of the next FUDCon must come to the
present FUDCon with another Budget so their present will not affect the
budget of the current FUDCon.

To use a better example:

The next FUDCon will be Milan, and will be held on October 7-9 2011, so
for the EMA FUDCon 2012, the bids should be started by now and decide on
July, so the winners of that bid can be on FUDCon Milan learn from that
experience and use it on their FUDCon.
This will warranty improve organization and experience.

Other suggestions:

Booklet, the idea of the Booklet is great, but it needs to have a easier
and more automatic processes so it can be deliver to printers with all
needed requirements of the printer company. As I'm not designer I got
stock with some issues I did not know about margins and others.

FUDCon local organizers must have a designer willing to do and work all
graphics materials, there is a lot of work in this area.

Badges the actual script is great and works fine, the only detail we
needed to add manual at FUDCon Panama, was the meals, as we did not have
food for all attendees, we have lunch for all foreign and local team, so
we have to mark 50 Badges by hand, and we could mark that on the Badges
script to make it easy.

Hope this changes can be done and help others to improve FUDCons in the
Future.