FUDCon APAC now open for bids

Buddhika Chandradeepa Kurera bckurera at fossuser.lk
Tue Jun 7 01:29:56 UTC 2011

hi Dear Jared and Izhar ans other great FAms,

As per the situation I think it is good for catch the 2012 FUDcon at
Malaysia or Singapore as Indian FAms are already getting ready for the
event.

I have attend to the last meeting and they have a place and it is confirmed
too.

Therefore with in 4-5 months they can do it easily. But in my case I think
you will need more than allocated time.

Therefore I think it is good to bid for 2012 FUDcon when it is open. We have
discussed 2012 FUDcon on Malaysia not 2011 because as we need time to
prepare as it is going to be happen for the first time in my.

This is an idea only and open for ideas as well. However we can discuss
further at the Wednesday meeting which is for FUDcon related matters.

Please be there will come to a final conclusion,

thanks guys

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Jared K. Smith <jsmith at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 12:36 AM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail
> <kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > We in Malaysia were planning to bid too
>
> Wonderful!
>
> > , however as
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_bid_process#Initial_RFP and
> >
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_organization_process#FUDcon_Team_General_Planning_Schedule
> > mentioned that it will be announced at least 12 months before the
> > event we end up gathering data for planning for June next year.
>
> That's our goal, but this particular cycle for FUDCon APAC is much
> shorter than twelve months, due to delay in making sure we had budget
> to be able to do a FUDCon event in APAC.
>
> > Question: which route is best?:
> >
> >  * Change our date to Nov/Dec and submit bid now
> >  * Submit our bid now for next year event.
>
> Either of these two options is fine with me.   Please do what you
> think is best. If you think you can do a FUDCon in November or
> December, go ahead and change the date for your bid.  If you think
> that would be too difficult, you can submit your bid for next year.
> (While I haven't yet formally opened up bidding for next year's FUDCon
> APAC, we'll need to do that soon if we want to give people plenty of
> time to plan next year's FUDCon.)
>
> --
> Jared Smith
> Fedora Project Leader