[fudcon-planning] #166: Funding request for Eric "Sparks" Christensen

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 17:26:11 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 02:27:57PM -0000, fudcon-planning wrote:
> #166: Funding request for Eric "Sparks" Christensen
> ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  sparks                  |       Owner:  jsmith
>      Type:  Funding request         |      Status:  new
> Component:  FUDCon Blacksburg 2012  |    Keywords:
> ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------

My recollection from our meeting at SELF was that until someone
officially opens subsidies for the FUDCon, we shouldn't be accepting
tickets in Trac for them.  (If first-come, first-served is observed as
part of the criteria for subsidies, then it's unfair to people who
don't know subsidies have opened.)

I think the suggestion at the meeting was:
* Inform the ticket reporters
* Remove the tickets
* (UNCERTAIN) Remove the component for this FUDCon entirely for now?
  (that would make it difficult to file tickets for non-subsidy items)