Progress on the bid of FUDCon China

Gerard Braad gbraad at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jun 18 15:08:20 UTC 2011

Hi All,

Deadline is tight, but I am sure we can make it. Here is some
information about the planning of a possible FUDCon in China.
Currently I put up a page for a bid to host the next FUDCon APAC in
Beijing, China. The page for the bid is available at:

   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:China_2011

This is just short summary of the talk I had with Yu Shao and Grace
Liu from Red Hat Engineering in Beijing. The Raycom office of RH
(Engineering) has shown interest to help out with making this FUDCon
in China possible. Have added Grace to the event owners list.

Date; November as suggested. Preferred to have it this year, so
continuing with the 2011 bidding process. Currently dates are set for
(11+)12+13 November or (18+)19+20 of November.

Locations have been quickly discussed; Beijing University of Posts and
Telecommunications has been mentioned as the venue. So two possible
locations are available (all easily reachable by line 10, subway). The
current options available are Renmin University or BUPT. This
information is still not complete, due to ongoing inquiries.

Raycom office might be available as an alternave location to host
hackfest or other activities.

Other information needs to be added to finalize the bid page; mostly
price estimates for flights and hotel options.  Please, feel free to
add information about flights to this page. Any help is welcomed,
considering the deadline is next Thursday (the 23rd of June).

regards,

Gerard

--
Gerard Braad — 吉拉德
   Regional Mentor for APAC/China, Member of FAmSCo