Progress on the FUDCon China bid (21st of June 2011)

Gerard Braad gbraad at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 21 13:04:52 UTC 2011

Hi All,

and it seems this email already got send here. LOL. Did an accidental
reply to all... no worries. As can be seen the organization of this
event is now handled by a team of people; Grace and I have been busy
with the FUDCon bid for China.

Today we had a meeting and discussed in more detail about the possible
venue; we are now considering BUPT as the venue for the event. Renmin
is therefore an alternative option if needed, but is not our first
choice.

Also several options for hotels have been talked about, located in
Zhongguancun (Haidian district) near the possible venue. having to
mention possible transport options is almost needless as everything is
easy to reach by public transport and/or taxi. Although, more details
about this will be posted on the page.

In our opinion Beijing is probably the best location to host the FUDCon APAC!

Gerard

--
Gerard Braad — 吉拉德
   Regional Mentor for APAC/China, Member of FAmSCo