Creation of FAD components on FUDCon track

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 18:22:04 UTC 2011

Em Ter, 2011-06-21 às 10:06 -0400, Paul W. Frields escreveu:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 03:11:16PM -0300, Igor Pires Soares wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I would like to suggest that we create components for future FADs on
> > FUDCon Track the same way we do for FUDCons. That way we could file
> > organizational and subsidy tickets there.
> >
> > Due to private financial content and privacy reasons, the visibility of
> > FAmSCo track is restricted, and unfortunately, people use that as an
> > excuse to claim lack of transparency since they can't view others
> > tickets, although we discuss tickets content in public.
> >
> > The tickets procedures used for FUDCon didn't prevent people from
> > complain before but I think it is a good example to follow.
>
> I'm not sure I understand the link between FAD planning and the
> privacy of the FAmSCo trac.  Can you be a little more specific, Igor?

For planning a FUDCon we have tickets that are open to anyone who wants
to see them. We use them for tasks, costs and travel subsidies. For
planning a FAD we need to file basically the same kind of tickets. Since
there isn't a specific trac system or component for FADs, most of the
tickets go to the FAmsCo track. Since the visibility there is more
restricted, for understandable reasons, it takes some additional efforts
to provide the same information for all interested in the FAD.

For instance, while planning the upcoming FAD at FISL we needed to
replicate the same information available on FAmSCo Track also on this
list and on the Brazilian mailing list. In addition to that, when
mentioning a particular ticket, sometimes we would like to make clear
what the ticket content is. And this is hard to do if the ticket is not
visible to everyone.

Another approach could be to set up the regional ticketing systems to
send email notifications to this list when planning the FAD, but I'm not
sure if this will work due to the language diversity.

Regards,
--
Igor Pires Soares
Fedora I18N/L10N QA