FUDCon Website - COD setup status

tuxdna tuxdna at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 13:25:05 UTC 2011

Hello Vaidik,

> Thanks! There were some bugs in the theme. Just fixed them. Repo is here
> https://github.com/vaidikkp/fudcon_website_theme.

Excellent! I am now going to integrate it in my instance.

> Lets not play around with COD. Just let it be and it will do most of the
> work as it is supposed to. Updating might just throw up some unexpected
> issues, handling which would just eat up our time. First priority should be
> making the website live, anyhow.

An live but still a development instance has been setup at the following URL:
http://www.fudcon.tuxdna.in
( I will pass you the credentials off-list )

I am experimenting with it currently.

>>  * Provide a database dump
>
> I didn't quite get that. We are already backing up the database for the
> development work (on my hosting) on a daily basis. Please explain if you are
> talking about something else.

I meant for a minimal database dump be available in the git repo, so anyone
can create an instance and experiment with it. I have created one and committed
it to the repo.

> Is it really? I think any user can get FAS access. I guess, one needs to be
> approved in one of the FAS groups in order to do stuff like creating repos,
> etc. (don't have much idea but this is what I know).

In the AuthFAS module there is a mandatory parameter which essentially requires
an approved group.

So it makes it a bit difficult since a new user wouldn't be in a group unless
approved. That is a separate workflow altogether. I tend to avoid it
for the purpose
of the website for now.

>> For now, I have enabled Drupal's core OpenID module. It works fine
>> with any OpenID provider including FAS [6].

I have anyways configured OpenID, which works fine. We can restrict
it to only FAS OpenID if we want to. But let it be whatever it is for the
time being.

Below is a rough list of steps which I have followed on the live instance.

* Update the website after installation
  http://www.fudcon.tuxdna.in/update.php

* Added roles:
  attendee, speaker

* Create a new event node/add/event
  FUDCon Pune, India 2011

* Create a new sponsor Content
  Red Hat

* Enable COD BoF Session
  admin/build/features
  http://www.fudcon.tuxdna.in/admin/content/node

* Create schedule
  http://usecod.com/demo/sessions-schedule

* Registration
  http://usecod.com/feature/event

* Session grid
  http://usecod.com/feature/event

* Enable Voting
  ( login as admin user )
  admin/build/flags/manage/session_vote
  authenticated user can vote

I know the above is only a rough transcript :)

/tuxdna