EMEA FUDCon 2012, French bid

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 22 23:08:45 UTC 2012

As discussed with some contributors, it appears that overlapping the
FUDCon with another event could lead to less efficient meeting.
Therefore, we have updated our bid.

Actually we plan to have the Saturday in collaboration with the Open
World Forum. This is the last OWF day, and would be our first.
Huge contributors would be around and probably interested by our schedule.
We should have a time slot allowed in their big auditorium, and some
rooms dedicated.

Then we want to continue in an other location (still in Paris), were
we used to meet every fist Saturday of the month, it is a huge
building whose purpose is to explain sciences. We would be there for
two days, Sunday and Monday. That would be silent, with wifi and wired
connection!
The bigger room has 130 seats, but we are in the process to get the
auditorium for free (which is around 5000€ per day).
There are also building a fablab in this venue, that's a really
interesting place for the Open Source community.

Because we have already talked a lot with the OWF organization team
and we strongly think that this is great opportunity for us, we didn't
want to change the date (only slipped few days). Sharing their last
day will let us being with their marketing/communication team and
spread the word to many contributors.
Some will probably enjoy staying longer to came at our FUDCon and hack with us.

I also get new accommodation quotes, down to 81€ per night for a twin,
just few steps to the venue.

Do we have any deadline to decide for the location? Keeping
accommodation for so long without insurance to them that we are going
to book is not so easy.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_Paris_2012

--
Kévin Raymond