EMEA FUDCon 2012, French bid

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 4 10:14:19 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 9:48 PM, Ruth Suehle <rsuehle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Two thoughts--
>
> What about doing it immediately before or after OWF, like Community
> Leadership Summit is just before OSCON?

There are plenty of event in Sept-Oct in Paris, that would be the
same, but we would then miss the OWF (apart for those able to stay
longer).

> Also, in 2010 OWF was at the same time as Nuit Blanche and Paris Fashion
> Week. Several of us had trouble finding rooms under $1500! (I ended up
> finding an apartment on airbnb.com near the Alésia stop, which is pretty far
> from OWF!) Nuit Blanche is in October this year, but Mode à Paris looks like
> it'll be Sept 25-Oct 3. Not sure if that's overlapping--OWF hasn't updated
> the site for 2012 dates.

We already are in relation with the OWF organiser, and they still have
two different (close) dates and two different place. I hop they will
be fixed before the end of EMEA bid procedure.
I got some nice quotes (100€ per night for a twin), but yes, that
won't be really close to the venue (the price for a room neer the
Champs-Élysées avenue is horrific.)

> Ruth

As told to Thomas, I need to clear that a bit in the wiki page, adding
a map with the possible venues and accommodations.

Hope to fill that really soon (at last on Friday).

--
Kévin Raymond
User:shaiton