[fudcon-planning] #328: Funding request for the president of the association of students of computer science (Universidad Don Bosco, El Salvador)

fudcon-planning fudcon-planning-trac at fedorahosted.org
Mon Jun 18 03:10:39 UTC 2012

#328: Funding request for the president of the association of students of
computer science (Universidad Don Bosco, El Salvador)
  Reporter:  elyjacobo   |      Owner:  tatica
      Type:  Funding     |     Status:  new
  request                |  Milestone:  Venezuela 2012: Travel Subsidies
 Component:  FUDCon      |   Keywords:
  Venezuela 2012         |   Blocking:
Blocked By:              |
 Please set the "Component" below to the correct event for your request.

 Tell us the following:

 * What do you need covered? (Please estimate the costs in USD: hotel $X,
 travel $Y)

 '''$ 1,400.00 for the trip from El Salvador to Venezuela and back to El
 Salvador
 $ 400 for the hotel, but I accept suggestions for minor expenses, and
 since I never visited the country of Venezuela and will be a nice
 experience if allowed.'''

 * If we cannot provide a full subsidy, will a partial subsidy be helpful?
 (Yes/No?)

 ''No'''

 * If Yes, specify the minimum amount you need covered to facilitate your
 attendance.

 * What will you accomplish by being at FUDCon? (Please be as specific as
 possible, since this is the most important factor in granting requests.)

 '''-I am interested in design, packaging, develop all kind of fedora
 packages because I've been using this operating system recently and I'm
 really impressed, I like it. I hope this experience help me as a software
 developer'''

 '''-I’m really interested about learn everyting I can about Icaro Boards,
 and help to create the required documentation for achieve the sponsorship
 of OLPC, because  I am convinced that is a very important initiative for
 children and also interested about share it with my college partners

 -I'm very interested in knowing in depth the operating system and
 collaborate with the group at my university'''

 * If you are requesting airfare, include complete flight information such
 as flight numbers, desired departure and arrival airports, and times. Also
 let us know if you have specific time restrictions.

 '''Outbound: San Salvador - Caracas Monday, August 20, 2012
         15:01 San Salvador (SAL) Taca Intl Airlines (TA291)
         00:16 Caracas (CCS) the next day Avianca (AV66)

 Return: Caracas - San Salvador Sunday, August 26, 2012
         18:37 Caracas (CCS) Avianca (AV81)
         07:43 San Salvador (SAL) the next day Taca Intl Airlines
 (TA290)'''

 * Do you need a visa or other official processing before you can attend
 FUDCon? If so, approximately how long does that processing take?

 '''Yes, I need to get a visa to travel to the country Venezuela, with an
 estimated time of 2 weeks to make paperwork at the embassy.'''

 * Include any additional, relevant information.

 '''I am in charge of the association of students of engineering in
 computer science from my university (formed two months ago, this is our
 fanpage https://www.facebook.com/aseicc.udb), and am also part of the
 Gruop GNU/Linux (https://www.facebook.com/grupo.gnulinux.udb), group
 responsible for my friends Jose Carlos Garcia and Hector Mendez who are
 also applying to go to FUDCon. I really like to attend group activities
 and support them when is necesary.
 This is a picture of the election board of the association of students
 (I’m the only girl)
 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=363165450396422&set=a.363160960396871.81029.170046393041663&type=3)
 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=363165450396422&set=a.363160960396871.81029.170046393041663&type=3
 Here I am during the conversation "For a free Internet: SOUP consequence
 of the laws, PIPE, OPEN ...", the Group managed by GNU / Linux
 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=312296222150012&set=a.312294382150196.71515.170046393041663&type=3&theater

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/328>
fudcon-planning <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon>