FUDCon EMEA (Paris), Hotel booking has started!

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Thu Jun 21 13:34:23 UTC 2012

On 06/20/2012 08:09 AM, Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
> Seriously? My original message rejected because I am not subscribed? Not
> even held for manual inspection? Just plain sent to a sinkhole? Thanks.
> So I'm spending time trying to help and that's the reply I get? I'd
> suggest looking at the mailing list settings, because they seem medieval
> to me.
>
> (10 second pause)
> OK. Frustration vented somewhat, but seriously. Ccing list admins to
> reconsider the settings. Or perhaps you are receiving tons of spam
> otherwise?
Honestly - I have no idea/recollection about the spam (since apparently
it's going to a black hole of doom now and not being held for
moderation, hard to say :D) levels historically, and I didn't set up the
mailing list originally.  Paul - I know a while back you were looking at
some of the lists with heavy-spam-patterns, was this one of the lists in
question?

That said, if it's anything like the other lists I am on that have
moderation for non-members, yeah, there's potentially a crapton of
spam.  This list does have mails from fedoraproject.org whitelisted
(with some explicit spammy addresses blacklisted, like postmaster, etc),
and I just added redhat.com mails as well, since we can probably expect
that there are some redhat folks who may inquire about fudcons.

Let's see what Paul has to say about if this was one of the lists that
got mega-spam.