FUDCon NA 2013: Bid for Lawrence, Kansas

Ian Weller ian at ianweller.org
Wed Mar 14 05:16:57 UTC 2012

I've put together a bid for the North American FUDCon in 2013 for
Lawrence, Kansas:
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_Lawrence_2013

If the bid is accepted, the FUDCon would need to be January 18-20, 2013,
in order to work well with the class schedule for the spring 2013
semester. The plan is to host FUDCon, with the exception of FUDPub, at
the engineering buildings on the KU campus.

I have been working with the Department of Electrical Engineering and
Computer Science at the University of Kansas, and they have been very
gracious and helpful in putting this bid document together and making
things happen.

There's a few things still in progress on the bid, but I decided I
wanted to make sure everybody on the list was aware that the bid was
happening.

- A form needs to be filed and approved with the University Events
  Committee at KU before the event is allowed to be advertised. I am
  currently awaiting information on this.
- I need to contact the two prospective FUDPub locations about pricing
  and if they are available on the nights of FUDCon. (The campus student
  center, even though it worked well for Tempe and Blacksburg, is not
  the best idea for FUDPub because KU is a dry campus.)
- The "About Lawrence" and "Local Restaurants" sections are not quite
  done because they aren't entirely vital to the bid, unlike air travel
  and event space (and because I suck at summarizing Wikipedia,
  apparently).

Please keep questions and answers on the talk page, since that's where
they technically belong :)

Thanks!

--
Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org>