FUDCon Paris Hotel options

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed May 16 15:08:56 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi!
> > We've just started planning our Brno's Base OS guys FUDCon
> > attendance and we're looking for more details - especially
> > lodging to plan our budget. Are there any cheaper options
> > around or will we have a deal with some hotel? Would be
> > great to have this informations as soon as possible, to book
> > flight (there are some cheap options from Vienna but you
> > know, low cost ;-).
> >
> > Unfortunately it's going to be tight as there's LinuxCon,
> > Plumbers... But I think it really makes European FUDCon
> > better to have as many as possible Brno guys.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jaroslav
> > --
> > Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>
> > Software Engineer - Base Operating Systems Brno
> >
> > Office: +420 532 294 275
> > Mobile: +420 602 797 774
> > Red Hat, Inc.                               http://cz.redhat.com/
> >

> Hi,

Hi Kévin!

> We have a deal with an hotel, for 30 twins and 3 nights:
> A twin at 81€ (exclusive of taxes) per night.

And the tax is?

> I've asked famsco to describe me how to manage rooms reservation/fees
> with regard to the contributors,
> but they just asked me back for precisions. I haven't given precise
> question yet.
>
> Which is:
> How to manage this hotel reservation:
> - Do I have to assign a room for all that asked for?

I expect we should prefer sponsored/rh people but we should not deny
individual contributors to have this rate if there's room.

> - Who is going to pay, Red Hat for all or one contributor could pay
> by
> itself but with our special rates (pay back to Red Hat?)

Last year we paid it separately - for Brno guys I paid it together,
Jared paid for Fedora sponsored people and there were few individuals
too (or smaller Red Hat teams, not sure right now ;-).

> - How is it linked to the $$$ column on the reservation table?
>
> - I could also ask for more rooms, but we won't have so much time.
>
> We have the EMEA meeting tonight, I am not sure to be able to join,
> (would be traveling), but if you could bring this question that could
> help.

I'll try to join it too (it's after Board, so I'll be online).

R.