FUDCon Paris Hotel options

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed May 16 15:32:14 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> [snip]
>

> >> We have a deal with an hotel, for 30 twins and 3 nights:
> >> A twin at 81€ (exclusive of taxes) per night.
> >
> > And the tax is?
> +19.6%
>

> >> I've asked famsco to describe me how to manage rooms
> >> reservation/fees
> >> with regard to the contributors,
> >> but they just asked me back for precisions. I haven't given
> >> precise
> >> question yet.
> >>
> >> Which is:
> >> How to manage this hotel reservation:
> >> - Do I have to assign a room for all that asked for?
> >
> > I expect we should prefer sponsored/rh people but we should not
> > deny
> > individual contributors to have this rate if there's room.
> >
> >> - Who is going to pay, Red Hat for all or one contributor could
> >> pay
> >> by
> >> itself but with our special rates (pay back to Red Hat?)
> >
> > Last year we paid it separately - for Brno guys I paid it together,
> > Jared paid for Fedora sponsored people and there were few
> > individuals
> > too (or smaller Red Hat teams, not sure right now ;-).
> I would prefer if it could be paid by RH and then individuals to
> reimburse back RH, or our NPO could be the buffer, as our hotel would
> like to be paid with only two payment (first to confirm the
> reservation and then to paid the whole part a month before)
> Should I see with Robyn, as the FPL is managing budget?

It can be quite difficult for us to do cross department payments but
if hotel insist on a one big payment, I think we can deal with it.

> If you know how many your are going to be, I can ask for more twins
> in
> our contract, I have asked for 60 people like I was recommended to
> do,
> but it would be hard to ask for more in a month.

As I said - not sure how many people will come, with Jiri, we try to
get the number right now. Fedora QA will have meeting with theirs
boss tmrw, I have to ask Fedora Docs team too (and probably other
people will be interested too, but no reply yet...).

R.